ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

METAMORPHOSIS

Pablo Picasso's paintings often depict turmoil, a scrambling, an implosion of self. I've never been a Picasso fan, but recently I've seen some of his paintings with new eyes.

Sometimes I wonder how God can ever use me. What will he be able to do with me? Yet, he continually takes me, failures distresses and all, and molds a vessel useful for his Kingdom.

All those who were in distress or in debt or discontented gathered around him, and he became their leader.... - 1 Samuel 22:2

This was the group that gathered around David, the group that later God called "mighty men of valor" (see 1 Chron. 11:10).

Merriam-Webster says that metamorphosis is a change of physical form, structure, or substance especially by supernatural means.

I'm in need of a metamorphosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.