ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Friday, March 2, 2007

Chemotherapy and more Chemo

Chemotherapy Update

A friend told me the other day that she can tell what week of chemo I'm on by how many blogs I write. She says that the week I have no chemo I write the most...daily or even more. Then over the next three weeks the number drops until on the third week, I write only once or twice or even not at all.
I'm sure she's right. I'm writing today (week three) just to be writing. This is the week I'm most fatigued...I do the least....think the least...read the least. So there's less to talk about. Just "I'm tired, but doing pretty good." :) Let's see: some headaches (but nothing like when I was getting triple the quantity of chemicals), interrupted sleep, nightmares (not funny ones -- the kind you know are bad, but can't remember anything in the morning except that it was bad), low energy and a feeling of perpetual tired. For comparison sake, those moms out there remember how it felt those first few weeks with a new baby? It felt like you would never get enough rest. Multiply that by... oh... say, 50 and that's chemo fatigue.
So suffice it to say today, I'm doing okay. I'm just tired. :) The bright spot is that on Monday, I go for the blood booster shots and NO CHEMO! Then in a couple of days I'll feel like I can join the human race again! :)
Blessings,
Pastor Phylis

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.