ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Waiting


I know that God has a sense of humor. After my last euphoric post, I have a come back to earth moment. Waiting is not my strong suite. And after my last couple of medical experiences, I'm a tad anxious about waiting for medical test results.

To begin with, I mentioned that I had to go re-do that awful yearly test at the Gynie's office. That was Friday. He said, "Call in a week for the results. If there's any problem, we'll call you."

So while I'm teaching this morning the office left a message on our home phone saying that the results are in, please call.

And I have an absolute freak out moment. (A sister is such a lovely thing to have. She calmed me down considerably in a few minutes of rapid email exchanges.) I call the office, but by now it is afternoon. Everyone is in the office in (another town); she doesn't have my chart, doesn't know about the call, and a Dr. isn't there at the moment. Please call us tomorrow afternoon at the office in (my town), when both a chart and a doctor is available.

For a brief moment I wanted to argue. Don't you know I just survived breast cancer last year? I don't want to wait another 24 hours for test results! I want it now!!

I stopped my mouth just in time. Sure. I'll call the (my town) office tomorrow afternoon. But I couldn't resist adding, "If I don't die of a nervous breakdown before then!"

Besides my sisters sage assurance, "There are several reasons for an abnormal PAP. Most of them are not serious." I did recheck the message which said, "The results of your test are in. Nothing major. Please call the office."

Nothing major!!!

But I still don't want to wait!!!
Sigh! Sigh! Sigh!

Pastor Phylis

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I am the same way. That is a hard thing to wait and be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya just love doctor's offices? I think they forget sometimes that they are dealing with real people. Not just a voice on the other end of the phone. I hope the report is "nothing major." You will be in my prayers.
    BTW thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just praying that everything comes back okay!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.