ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Fight Against Breast Cancer

The Fight Against Breast Cancer

Psalm 144:1
"Praise be to the Lord my Rock who teaches my hand to war, my fingers for battle"

As Evangelicals we often speak of Spiritual Warfare, referencing scriptures like this one from the Psalms. With a world view that includes an unseen Spiritual world inhabited by both angels of God and evil forces, I've recognized for years that prayer is war...spiritual warfare.

Eph 6:12
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
"
As a Christian, I face foes that are unseen. Years ago I wholeheartedly accepted the challenge. I've seen that battle manifest in various ways in my life.

But it was only recently that it occurred to me that Psalm 144:1 also refers to my current battle with breast cancer. It puts a new face on things. On those days when I am tired or discouraged, I can be confident that in this battle too, "He trains my hands for war, my fingers to battle."

The Creator has not left me alone nor unprepared for the current situation. Even tired and exhausted, "I can do all things through Christ who teaches me" (My own version.)

And you, too, can be assured that through the battle you are fighting, he trains your hands for war and your fingers to battle.

Onward and Upward!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.