ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Thursday, May 17, 2007

I love this picture of M. She's at the point in which she becomes very uncomfortable and realizes it's too late to go back and she's afraid to go ahead. The expression on her face is priceless.

It reminds me so much of those times when I'm unsure of what to do -- it's too late to go back and I'm not sure how to proceed. God brings us to those points to build faith in us. Those times when we must trust his goodness and mercy because that's the only thing we have left. They are not comfortable times, but they are growing times.
Psalms 20:6-9
6 Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand. 7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. 8 They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm. 9 O Lord, save the king! Answer us when we call!
I'm right there with M ; where I need to be is with David, "I rise up and stand firm."
But like the loving grandmother (me) who talked M down from her fearful perch, God is right there coaching me through situations in which I have "bitten off more than I can chew". (To borrow an idiom from my childhood) God is faithful.

PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.