ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Things I've learned
1. Slow is not necessarily bad. Slow is particularly helpful if one takes the time to think things through before moving. I find that thinking things through carefully has not been my forte. For example, if I get up to do three different tasks, it is more efficient if all three tasks are done before I sit down again. (Imagine that!! Isn't that profound?) I've discovered that I regularly waste a lot of motion and energy going back and forth.

2. Just resting is not boring if one needs the rest. My habit is to take things at breakneck speed and I couldn't imagine myself any differently. However, I've rather enjoyed the "just resting" part of recovery. Something I never thought I'd hear myself say. But when I really need rest, even reading becomes hard work.

3. "God has his own timetable" is a lesson learned in layers. It's not that I didn't already know God's timing is his own, and that he doesn't arrive late. I've believed that for as long as I can remember. But waiting for Victor to improve has taken me a level deeper into learning to wait on God. God will not be hurried by my need!

Phylis

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.