ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Victor's condition remains stable, but critical. Please keep praying. He did well for the surgical procedure. He now has a breathing tube in his trachea which is much more comfortable than down the throat. His blood pressure is responding and rising somewhat. The main difficulty at this point is that in his struggle to overcome the infection, his kidneys are still not functioning. The doctors believe that it is temporary since the kidneys have never been an issue before. He needs continued prayer. His mind is fine. They bring him to consciousness from time to time; sometimes he is lightly sedated. He is able to respond and knows where he is and what's happening. That's good.

As for me, my recooperation is going well. I have a bit more "up" time each day and am able to accomplish a few things. Yesterday I spend a few hours with my 4 year old granddaughter. She kept me well entertained! I still like my afternoon nap and usually sleep 10-12 hours a day. For me, that's high abnormal. My usual sleep time is 6-7 hours with an occasion 8 hour night. I never take naps unless I get less than the 6 hours sleep. But I guess my growing liver needs rest. Speaking of which, I think it's time to go rest!! :)

God Bless you all. Thanks for your prayers. Please remember Victor.

Phylis

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.