ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tuesday...Victor's condition continues to improve. He's more responsive. I'd like to think the last of his surgeries is over. If I count right, I think he's had 7 surgical procedures in the last 4 weeks...or maybe this last big one is 8. Something like that. Nobody every said a transplant was easy!! The good news is that his liver continues to function; his heart continues in good condition. They're lightening the sedatives and paralytics so that he is able to respond.

I went in to work today to eat lunch and greet everyone. It felt good to be there. But by the time I got home again, I was achey and tired, ready for an afternoon nap!! :) I guess I'm not ready to go back to work yet! Maybe in a couple more weeks I'll have an increase of strength! Need to. Can't stay off forever!!

At the check up yesterday, they said that 90% of my liver has been regenerated. It's not fully functional, but the organ is mostly there. That seems amazing to me. At three months it should be fully functional as well. I'm doing well, though. I can eat almost anything, just in very small amounts. Growing livers create a lot of acid, so a few acidic thing (like coffee and pop) don't taste good. But for the most part I can eat almost anything in small quantities. I guess I'm really doing well. Thank God.

Thanks again for your prayers for both of us!!

Phylis

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.