ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Sunday, February 19, 2006


The downward spiral continues with the same problems. Victor's condition is critical. The infection has now spread throughout his body. A bacteriologist was called in to consult; more tests were done to pinpoint the specific bacteria in order to prescribe antibiotic more precisely. They have now discontinued the anti-rejection medication and are treating the infection with massive doses of antibiotics. Medically, the liver has little or no chance of survival. Doctors have opted to sacrifice this liver and treat the infection in hopes of placing Victor once more on the National Donor list for a new transplant. However, until the infection is gone, he is not eligible for a transplant because he is not ready for immediate surgery.

I know full well that God is able, that these medical complications are as nothing compared to his creative restorative power. I can say with the three Hebrew children: "If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. " - The Message, Daniel 3:17-18

Still, this morning I yelled, "Why, God?" And he answered me clearly.

"Where were you when I created the earth? Tell me, since you know so much! Who decided on its size? Certainly you'll know that! Who came up with the blueprints and measurements? How was its foundation poured, and who set the cornerstone, While the morning stars sang in chorus and all the angels shouted praise? And who took charge of the ocean when it gushed forth like a baby from the womb? That was me! I wrapped it in soft clouds, and tucked it in safely at night. Then I made a playpen for it, a strong playpen so it couldn't run loose, And said, 'Stay here, this is your place. Your wild tantrums are confined to this place.' And have you ever ordered Morning, 'Get up!' told Dawn, 'Get to work!' So you could seize Earth like a blanket and shake out the wicked like cockroaches?. . . Do you know the first thing about death? Do you have one clue regarding death's dark mysteries?" - The Message: Job 38:4-13, 17

And I answered softly, "Not my will but Thine be done."

Pray with me: "The God I serve can heal Victor completely from this condition and anything else that might occur. But even if he doesn't, it won't make a bit of difference, I will serve Him anyway with my whole heart."

Prayerfully,
Phylis

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.