ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Tuesday, February 21, 2006


I Corinthians 13:12-13
For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, even as I was also fully known. But now remain faith, hope, and love: these three. The greatest of these is love.



9:00 p.m. update
Marta called a couple of hours ago. The doctor told her this afternoon that there is one additional medicine they will give Victor to try to bring his blood pressure up. However, he also said plainly that in his opinion, Victor is dying. With blood pressure this low, it's just a matter of time until he has a heart attack. Marta went to the hospital tonight to spend the night. Since I just started teaching today, I don't have the strength to go up tonight. Rodney said he's going up tomorrow evening and I'll go then.
We'll keep you advised.
Phylis

1 comment:

  1. Victor visited our parent's home in Indiana. I see his kind smile, his gentle demeanor; when he first learned English, we loved his accent. Someone who "wouldn't harm a fly", exudes kindness and compassion; a tender spirit, He's touched us deeply.

    I remember him now in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.