ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Friday, August 4, 2006


THE DOLDRUMS

If Entropy = available energy not being used, my computer has a severe case. I'm ready to scream. (Hmmm. Would that be energy being used -- or is energy used for useless activity also entropic?) And...I have a severe case of the doldrums!

dol·drums (dldrmz, dôl-, dl-)
pl.n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
    1. A period of stagnation or slump.
    2. A period of depression or unhappy listlessness.
    1. A region of the ocean near the equator, characterized by calms, light winds, or squalls.
    2. The weather conditions characteristic of these regions of the ocean.

        1. -Roget's online thesaurus (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=doldrums)

But my mother always taught me that nothing beats just doing what needs to be done...simply do the next thing. So here I go...off to scan old pictures and finish the media presentation for next weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.