ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Monday, August 21, 2006

July 2, 2006
University City, MO

My sister and I were visiting near where we used to live. Neither of us was old enough when we lived there to remember now well enough to find the apartment, (or, are we now too OLD to remember where we lived then? We were only there a couple of months!) so we just enjoyed browsing along this specialty shop area near the University. I just noticed the sculpure. It was funny then; we were laughing, posing by the bigger than life figure. "If you want to seem small, pose by someone or something bigger than you." I thought she made me seem quite petite!

But in the light of my diagnosis, maybe she was symbolic of my future. Or indicative of my subconscious then? Hmmmm. She speaks to me. I just can't understand what she says!


No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.