ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Saturday, October 30, 2010

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint"   Isaiah 40:29-31  (NIV)

Recently a friend was rejoicing that some promises God had made to her has come to pass in her life.   At the same time, she was able to see that something that she had wanted with all her heart would have turned out badly.  Sometimes God allows us to see things like that.   But what about those times when we can't see?

I think the prophet is talking about those times.  Times when the view is dismal; times when our vision is blurred; times when it seems all is about to be lost.   

But those who HOPE in the Lord.   King James expresses it as those who WAIT on the Lord.   When we can lift our eyes beyond the present, beyond the daily grind, beyond the fear of failure, THEN we can see HIM.    When the view, the vision, the daily grind, and the present moment contain HIM, we are able to HOPE, to BELIEVE, to WAIT on the promises of God.

Last evening, I had another one of those moments, a time when God whispered "that's will be yours.  This will come to pass."   My strength has been faltering, my hope waning.  Just one whisper from God and I believe I can make it through.  I will soar on wings like eagles; I will run and not grow weary; I will walk and not be faint. 


Psalm 121:1-2 (The message)   I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains?   No, my strength comes from God who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.




No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.