ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Friday, April 6, 2007


Health Update

Here I am with some hair growth...chemo eyes and all. It's taken into a mirror, hence, the flash from the camera. I just couldn't mess with the timer -- no patience!

I've had the second iron infusion and, honestly, I don't notice much difference. On Monday, my blood count was up slightly, which is good. There should be more gains this week. Bob tells me I have to be patient. I am sick of being tired, so I want more dramatic gains.

Yesterday, I ran a few errands (bank deposit, dry cleaners, pharmacy, fruit market) and picked up a granddaughter at 11 a.m. She ran errands with me and was no trouble at all. I took her to her favorite restaurant (Baker Hill Pancake House) and we had lunch. When we got home, I played checkers with her (an experience, playing checkers with a 5 year old) and then we watched a video until her mom came about 2:40. So I was active from 10:30 until 2:00.

After she left, I was absolutely too tired to do anything else for the rest of the day -- including evening. Didn't get up from my couch at all...well, almost not at all!! :) So I guess 3 1/2 hours of activity is my limit.

I suppose in the scheme of things, I'm grateful I could function fairly normally for the three hours. But I keep wondering when full strength will return!

Patience,
Phylis Huerta

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.