ISAIAH 61:1-4

ISAIAH 61:1-4


The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to
Preach the good news to the poor. .
Bind up the brokenhearted,
Proclaim freedom for the captives,
Proclaim release from darkness for the prisoners,
Comfort all who mourn
Provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them
BEAUTY FOR ASHES
The oil of gladness for mourning
And a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Coffee and Chemo







Sunday was such a lovely day. Teen challenge was here at church. I took Pastor Kathy by Rodney's house to pick up some music he donated. The girls were with me and the 7-year old discovered tree climbing. Rod has trees on which the branches are nice and low. Later the girls and I spent the afternoon at the park.


UPDATE

I must be clearing my system of the chemo. For the first time since chemotherapy began, I wanted coffee this morning. Anybody who knows me knows that I have always had a cup of coffee attached to my left hand from the time I get up (or leave the house) until noon or so. And if I stayed up late, it was with a lovely cup of coffee in hand. My favorite summertime Starbucks treat was Mocha Frappuccino, and there's a little coffee shop in downtown Elgin where I splurge on a Mocha Breve from time to time. I love Starbucks cards for gifts!! ETC! BUT for the last . . . almost year, coffee does not set well at all. Something about the chemicals from chemotherapy changes the taste and even the digestive process. It didn't hit my stomach well during this time.

The times they are a'changin'! Of course, I've been getting up earlier now -- at 6 a.m.  Being up early in the morning also brings on the coffee urges!!

Such is progress!

Pastor Phylis


No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by. Leave a comment or a prayer request.